- Florida Bar Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
- The Florida Bar, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- U.S. Tax Court, 1996.
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association
- Sole practice 1984 to present (trial and appellate law)
- Turner, Ford & Callender, P. A. 1981-1984 (trial partner)
- Assistant State Attorney 1980-1981 (trial — prosecution)
- Cobb & Cole 1978-1980 (trial associate; insurance defense and commercial litigation)
- Bedell, Bedell, Dittmar and Zehmer 1976-1978 (trial associate; white collar criminal, commercial & probate litigation)
- Duke Law School 1976
J.D. with distinction
Editor-in-Chief, Legal Research Program
- University of North Carolina 1969
- Davidson College 1966
A.B. cum laude — honors in history
- Born Jacksonville, Florida.
- Hobbies include reading, fishing, tennis and swimming.
- Active in civic, religious and social organizations.